06 April 2007

My Argument...

Now, this is my argument against an open-air ballpark being built out here:

Silva, Twins' outing vs. White Sox put on hold
Right-hander Carlos Silva will have to postpone his season debut as tonight's Twins-White Sox game has been suspended due to the extremely cold temperatures and winds forecast for the evening. The game will be rescheduled for a future date.


C'mon now, folks. We're paying so much for a new ballpark, which I will admit we desperately need, but put in the extra bucks and have a retractable roof put on! Our opening day would have been snowed out if it wasn't in the toilet bowl Metrodome.

Oh well. At least a train will be built to the ballpark. I'm very game for that.

2 comments:

Ben P said...

At least you didn't have to watch Carlos Silva pitch. He sucks.

Evan said...

Haha, no kidding. But I eventually will, and that will be a day I weep quietly to myself. Of course, then I'll turn right around and whine about it to those in earshot.